Using Vineyard Institutes in Your Context

Frank Emanuel, Aug 18, 2014, 4:08 PM
One of the great things that came to light at enLive was the richness in equipping opportunities we have in the Canadian Vineyard. Jeremy Burke, who administers course delivery for Vineyard Institutes, recently sent out a letter encouraging folks on how they can use VI courses in their own contexts. Here is his letter:
Hey Everyone,
I'm so glad you took the time to drop by the Vineyard Institute table at Enlive 2014. It was an amazing conference and I'm so excited about what God is doing in our country across the Vineyard Canada family. 

I wanted to pass on some important information about Vineyard Institute Canada and invite you to ask any questions you may have re: VI Canada. Here is some information to consider as you think about where VI fits into your context. 
How would I use VI in my church?

1. Training Key Leaders: 

Have a member of your church who has a teaching gift and loves to preach but isn't sure about dedicating years to attending Seminary? It's easy to shape VI around the development of leaders in a community. You can suggest the VI course on homiletics or perhaps hermeneutics. There are lots of options for leaders developing their skills. 

2. Start with the Core:

If people are curious about VI but are unsure where to start a recommendation could be to start with the Vineyard Institute core courses (Theology of the Kingdom/Biblical Metanarrative). Taking the core courses is a fantastic jump-start into any of the three certificates offered by VI, meaning if you decide to pursue one of the certificate options you are already on your way. The core courses also provide you with a great foundation for Kingdom leadership.  

3. Launch a VI Canada Hub:

A hub is a local church that has three or more students taking VI courses. One of the advantages of taking VI courses as a group is that the students are linked together online and in person. Imagine working on Bible courses with a group of people from your local church. This additional component to the learning model provides developing leaders a chance to learn from one another along with the course material. 

When is the Fall 2014 registration deadline?

The last day to apply for courses for the Fall quarter is August 25th, 2014. Please go here to begin the application today!

Where can I find a detailed list of the courses offered through VI?

For a complete list of VI courses, including the ones offered in the Fall 2014 session, visit our course catalogue.

How much are VI Canada courses?

Vineyard Institute Canada courses are $140.00 

Many blessings,
Community Life Pastor - Ottawa Valley Vineyard
Administrator - Vineyard Institute Canada

Source: Using Vineyard Institutes in Your Context