ThoughtWorks Library Project

Frank Emanuel, Sep 15, 2014, 12:00 PM

One of the dreams I've had for ThoughtWorks is a resource library. This afternoon I spent some time with my old pastor Jim Rennicks going through his library. He's clearing the clutter and he happened to have tonnes of tape sets from back in the early days. Listening to his stories from the early days was a much needed refresher. But I also came away with tape sets, workbooks, and a good assortment of books with Vineyard connections. Over the next while I'll set up a LibraryThing account for the ThoughtWorks and I'll make these available for whoever needs them. In fact I think some of this stuff is quite rare now so if anyone in our network has the means to digitize tapes that might be quite helpful. (NOTE: I have now entered the books in our thoughtworks account. I'd like to add a copy of each of the books used in our ThoughtWorks curriculum, so I'd appreciate any donations you might want to make.)

Once I have the resources databased, my idea for a lending library is that we'd get the resource to you provided you agree to get it to the next destination. We'd keep track of who has what, connect a request via email and spread the wealth. For example, let's say Jon wants to read the first edition copy of Breakthrough I scored. I'd send it to him (probably via mail) and he'd understand that when someone else requests it he will be responsible to get it to them. We could also take donations of books for the library, simply adding them and noting who they can be requested from.

- Ottawa

Source: ThoughtWorks Library Project