Magnificat: A Retreat for all Creatures (Feb. 11-13, Guelph Vineyard)

Frank Emanuel, Jan 4, 2011, 1:00 PM

This just came to my inbox, it looks awesome. I had a chance to stay with Rik and Cathy Berry last year - awesome folks. I would encourage any who can to attend. If you do go and can write up a bit of a review for this blog please let me know.

========

We call this worship experience the "Magnificat" after Mary's song, "My soul magnifies the Lord..."  As the artists gather together art is created in confluence, where one person's inspiration feeds another.  Drama or poetry might begin, a musician would pick up the theme, a visual artist would give color, the dancer might flow into this...  We create together and God speaks through the art.

Any creative person (artists, poets, musicians, dancers) regardless of their skill level. We do want the professional artists to be there, but we also want to give life to the less recognized creatives.

Vineyard fellowships have offered "creatives" some opportunity within worship services, but often music is the only real player.  We believe this retreat can help to open new perspectives on how a full artistic expression of worship can benefit the entire congregation.  Artists can bring breakthroughs!

This retreat would be great for all the creatives in our region.  It will be a chance to receive prophetic insight, prayer and encouragement from someone who is already walking this path.  Our hope is that this gathering will lead to an ongoing support network within the region of those who have similar gifting.

Creatives have often been misunderstood,  and are in need of healing and encouragement on the way towards releasing more fully what God has given you.

We will gather over a weekend to find new inspiration and strength from God for what lies ahead by creating art together.

You will experience a measure of healing and a restoration of calling.

Over the time together each person will receive prophetic insight through prayer and words of encouragement to set them in motion. There are a few sessions where these opportunities   occur but especially on the first night as Rik Berry (Vally Gate Vineyard, Kentville, NS) leads the opening session.

You will have a chance to experience worship through a confluence of the arts.

The retreat is held at Guelph Bible Conference Centre at 485 Waterloo Ave. in Guelph.  The grounds of the Centre are filled with mature trees—a beautiful setting!  All accommodations and meals are included.

We begin Friday (Feb. 11, 2011) evening and end after lunch on Sunday (Feb. 13, 2011).

The cost is partly dependent on the number of participants.  Our goal is to keep the total cost at $200.   The deadline for registering is January 10th, 2011.  (Yes, it's an early deadline, but we need to have our numbers lining up or we will have to postpone the retreat to another time).

The retreat is hosted by Guelph Vineyard. To register or obtain further details, please contact Lisa Cosier.

Source: Magnificat: A Retreat for all Creatures (Feb. 11-13, Guelph Vineyard)